It was hard to think of a title for this post. Everything I typed seemed to minimize the moment. So for simplicity sake......Our Daughter.
We met this morning. OMG, she is so animated, beautiful, and happy. What a smile. When I asked Constantin how she was doing he said: "you've never seen anything like this" (its a Greek expression). She's happy, affectionate and doing great. He's going to send me the video of their meeting, which I will post.
I woke up several times during the night and tried calling the phone he has in China and tried to reach him via Skype but both were turned off. At 5:30 I finally reached them through Skype. They had been out shopping. Of course, all of the clothes I sent over did not fit; too small. I then woke up Katerina and we all just looked at each other with big smiles, giggled, and waved. I think she's was amazed that she could see us. As Katerina was getting ready for school she told me that she was happy that she saw her sister.
How am I going to wait another 11 days before they get home???
There's going to be a party for her on Wednesday or Thursday with all of her friends, their parents, and the director of the orphanage. I didn't get how this came about or who organized it, but I'm so happy that she wants to celebrate her new family with her friends.
Enough for now. We're going to be talking again at 8am after they have dinner.
HS Chemistry: way too cool solutions
-
This past week our high school chemistry students explored supersaturated
and supercooled solutions. After a brief overview of the vocabulary and
backgr...
11 years ago
Yea!!!!! What wonderful news :) I love that they are having a party and celebrating. It sounds like you all are off to a great start.
ReplyDeleteNow bring on the pics and video!!
Take care,
Dawn
***sniff*** Happy tears!!! Isn't it exciting to be the mother of two precious daughters?!?!? As blessed as you are feeling right now, that's how blessed those sweet girls are to have you and Constantin as parents!!! Much love from FL :)
ReplyDeleteHoping and praying the next few days continue to be wonderful positive experiences for Sophia. Such a brave girl and such a brave Dad! How great a day it will be when all four of you are together! Jennifer
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! It sounds like she's having a good transition so far!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to photos
Heather
What a wonderful moment, what a wonderful day, Congratulations -- unbelievable!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Gail, Larry & Kara